The easiest, most common way for people to support Baum Harmon Mercy Hospital and Clinics is with cash gifts-typically gifts by check.
When you make a cash gift by currency, credit card or check that supports Baum Harmon today, we both benefit. Your generosity enables us to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. Your benefits include:
- The ability to choose how your gift is used.
- The opportunity to see the results of your generosity.
- An immediate charitable deduction on your federal income taxes, when you itemize.
How to Document Your Gift
For gifts by check of less than $250, a copy of the check is sufficient documentation. For gifts of $250 or more, you should obtain a receipt from the Baum Harmon Foundation.
A written acknowledgement of your gift from Foundation will include:
- the amount of your gift;
- whether you received any goods or services in exchange for your gift; and
- a description and good faith estimate of the value of any goods or services you received in return.
How to Figure Your Maximum Charitable Deductions
Generally, the maximum deduction for cash gifts is 50 percent of your adjusted gross income. If filing jointly, use your aggregate adjusted gross income. Any excess deduction may be carried over for up to five additional years.
For more information, please consult with your tax advisor.